Just as the slogan is, N-Power – www.npower.gov.ng is a program designed by the federal government of Nigeria to Empower Nigerian Youths for Prosperity.
This program was designed by the Federal Government with the aim of drastically reducing youth unemployment in Nigeria.
You would agree with me that Nigeria is currently undergoing some hard economic times and so there was no better time for the federal government to come up with such a programme than now.
The most interesting part of this program is that www.npower.gov.ng provides equal opportunity to both gradates and non-graduates, enabling them to advance from unemployment to employment through entrepreneurship and innovation.
www.npower.gov.ng – What Really is N-Power?
The first phase of N-Power programme focuses on Nigeria’s critical need in Education, Agriculture, Technology, Creative, Construction and Artisanal industries.
In the long run, our Nigerian youths would be able to outsource and expert their services globally and earn Nigeria foreign exchange, many thanks to www.npower.gov.ng program.
The www.npower.gov.ng programme is proudly supported by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the private sector.
It was furthermore approved for funding under the social investment programme and offers comprehensive support to participants with a clear progression pathway into gainful employment.
This N-Power programme is broadly categorized into three – The Enablers, The Innovators and The Builders
www.npower.gov.ng is designed to enable the accessibility of qualitative basic and civic education. It will also support farmers with adequate knowledge to produce and improve preventative health care.
It is otherwise known as the N-Power Teacher Corps Program
Furthermore, the N-Power Teacher Corps will engage and train 500,000 young unemployed graduates.
It is a 2 years paid volunteering programme. The graduates under the www.npower.gov.ng Teacher Corps program will get computerized devices that will contain information necessary for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development.
Participants will provide teaching, instructional, and advisory solutions in these 4 key areas:
- N-Power Agro
- N-Power Health
- N-Power Teach
- N-Power Community Education
Otherwise known as N-Power Build, www.npower.gov.ng is designed to train an army of inventors who will use animation, digital media, and technology to create practical solutions for Nigeria, and the world.
In addition, the www.npower.gov.ng build program will engage and train 75,000 young unemployed Nigerians in order to build a new crop of skilled and highly competent workforce of technicians, artisans and service professionals.
The focus industries include:
- Building Services
- Built Environment Services
- Aluminium and Gas
Otherwise known as N-Power Knowledge Programme, www.npower.gov.ng is designed to build a workforce of highly skilled service providers in the construction, domestic, hospitality and infrastructure industries
The www.npower.gov.ng knowledge programme is also a ‘Training to Jobs’ initiative, essentially ensuring that participants can get engaged in the marketplace in an outsourcing capacity, as freelancers, as employees and as entrepreneurs.
www.npower.gov.ng – How To Apply
Wondering how to apply for the NPower – www.npower.gov.ng recruitment 2016?
As earlier explained, N-Power is a government initiative empowerment program designed to create up to 600,000 jobs for the unemployed Nigerians Youths regardless of whether they are graduates or non-graduates. www.npower.gov.ng is the power house for youth employment.
Application forms for the N-Power Nigeria program is available online. Just follow the simple steps as listed below:
- Visit the Official N-Power recruitment portal – npower.gov.ng
- Select a category of the www.npower.gov.ng program that best suits you
- Create an account and fill in all required details carefully
- Provide accurate information and documents to support them when required
- Submit the application and check your email for the confirmation message which acknowledges the receipt of your application
- After about 48 hours, successful applicants would be notified by email whether or not they are eligible for the N Power program.
- Those who are not successful can try to apply again for another www.npower.gov.ng program
- Successful candidates will be required to write two tests – General Skill Test and Program Specific Test – on the N-Power Portal.
- Successful applicants after the test might be required to attend a final interview before being accepted into the N-Power program.
- Check your email for confirmation of your provisional acceptance into the NPower program.
- Finally, ensure you confirm your acceptance to secure your place in the npower.gov.ng program. Specific information and program details will now be sent to your email.
Will N-Power pay salary to workers?
Many people have been asking to know if the N-Power program will pay salaries to successful applicants.
The answer is Yes, if you are successfully recruited into the www.npower.gov.ng programme, you will receive stipends through the training and of course get paid on full employment at the end of the program.
However, it is important to note that the salary structure would depend on qualification.