The N-Power programme (www.npower.gov.ng) was designed by the Federal Government of Nigeria to drastically reduce youth unemployment. N-Power Tech Software programme is solely aimed at reducing to the barest minimum the number of unemployed youths in Nigeria.
Otherwise known as the powerhouse of Youth Development, N-Power offers equal opportunities to graduates as well as non-graduates.
Interested applicants for the N-Power Tech Software programme are hereby invited to apply.
Job Title: N-Power Knowledge Programme (N-Power Tech Software)
Start Date: 1st August
Duration: 3 Months
Certification: Industry Grade Certification & National Skills Qualification
N-Power Tech Software Programme Overview
The N-Power Tech Software programme would empower 10,000 Software Developers into the ICT Industry:
- The N-Power Tech for developers programme will train, tool as well as position 10,000 hands-on software developers for the local and international software development market. Participants of the N-Power Tech Software Programme will undergo a project based model to training wherein they will be exposed to foundational software development tools as well as resources to thrive as a modern day software developer entrepreneur.
- The programme will seek to establish the foundation knowledge, tools and platform upon which participants can pursue a career as software development entrepreneurs. Training will last 11 weeks and culminate with job fairs to link participants with placement opportunities within their respective localities. The N-Power Tech Software Programme will also offer a continuity platform to support participants with learning and engagement opportunities on a continuous basis. Participants will be enabled with a device to continue the practice and exploration of opportunities after training.
General Requirements for N-Power Tech Software Programme
- N-Power Tech Software programme is designed for Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35.
- You will need to meet the minimum requirements (if any) for your respective programme. Generally, selection is based:
- On your expression of a genuine interest in whichever area you decide;
- Passing the relevant tests;
- Your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone; and
- Ability to show flair to develop all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
- While there are fixed requirements along the way, we will be relying on you to take ownership of the process and take the lead in shaping your route, by making the most of the training that you will receive.
- For the purposes of N-Power, Graduate means having a minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelor’s Degree from a higher institution.
Course Details for N-Power Tech Software Programme – Core Employability Skills
- Competencies/Learning Strategies:
- Writing and presenting written and verbal reports
- Role Plays
- Working in groups
- Team or group projects
- Learning sets
- Group discussion
- Communities of practice
- Case studies
- Investigative projects and research
- Using various problem solving tools and techniques
- Developing or designing models
- Problem solving in teams and networks
- Decision making activities
Initiative & Enterprise:
- Brainstorming activities
- Designing innovative and creative practices and solutions
- Initiating change/design change processes
- Simulation activities
Planning and Organizing:
- Research and data collection
- Developing action plans
- Planning and organizing events
- Time management activities
- Goal setting activities and scheduling tasks
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Development of portfolios
- Work plans
- Using log books to record time management skills and monitor own performance
- Career planning exercises
- Reflective journals log books, diaries
- Mentoring and coaching activities
- Self-evaluation tools
- Using the Internet, Intranets
- Using ICT skills to complete activities
- Industry relevant software, technology and equipment
Technical Skills for N-Power Tech Software Programme
Introduction to Computer Science:
- What computer science is.
- What a computer scientist does.
- Basic computer science vocabulary.
- The core concepts in computer science.
- What programming is.
- Identify basic elements in computer programming
Introduction to Programming:
- The Python programming language.
- Variables, data types and control structures in Python.
- Functions and modules in Python.
- What data structures are.
Object Oriented Programming:
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Classes and Objects.
- Implementing Object Oriented Programming Concepts in Python.
- Design Patterns.
Data Structures and Algorithm:
- The different data structure classifications.
- Data structures in Python.
- The principles of algorithms.
- The importance of algorithms.
- Algorithm analysis.
- Algorithms and how they are implemented in Python.
Recursion/Sorting and Searching:
- What recursion is about.
- When to use recursive functions.
- Difference between recursion and iteration.
- How recursive functions in Python are written.
- The importance of sorting and searching in computer science.
- Different sorting and searching algorithms.
- Implement sorting and searching techniques in Python.
- What software engineering is about.
- What a computer software engineer does.
- The two main branches of software engineering
- The software development life-cycle.
- The different software development paradigms.
- What the internet is.
- Howt he internet works.
- Basic internet tools or concepts.
- The World Wide Web.
- Basics of HTTP.
- Use HTML and CSS to create web pages.
- Basics of MVC.
Introduction to Flask Web Programming:
- Understand how to build RESTful web services using Python and Flask.
- Designing a RESTful API
- Leverage on understanding of databases to be able to work with SQLite
- RESTful Authentication with flask
- Flask Deployment
Business of Software Consulting:
- Software Consulting as it relates to different industries.
- Difference between a company and a start¬up.
- How to get Capital.
- Market penetration strategies.
- Why should you keep your books.
- Company registration process.
- Basic Architectural design.
- Basic CRUD.
- App Deployment
Criteria for N-Power Tech Software Programme
- Unemployed graduates or non graduates
- Must be between 18-35 years old
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to undertake self-tutorship
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Job Opportunites for N-Power Tech Software Programme Applicants
- App Developer
- Game Developer
- Web Developer
- Computer System Analyst
- Systems Software Developer
- Software Tester
Method of Application for the N-Power Tech Software Programme
Interested and qualified candidates for N-Power Tech Software Programme regardless of whether you are a graduate or non-graduate should Click Here to Start Application Process
If you still need some more information as regards N-Power Tech Software Programme, you can Click Click here for more Information, otherwise drop a comment in the box below and we’ll respond to you as soon as possible.