FIRS Recruitment 2017 – In respect to the proclamations made by the Minister of Finance, the FIRS Recruitment 2017 seeks to offer job opportunity to 75,000 graduates and 5,000 persons who have graduated from educational institutions earlier, as Community Tax Liaison Officers.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service popularly referred to as the FIRS is an institution charged with the responsibility of creating an efficient and honest system to foster the orderly collection of taxes and voluntary compliance with legislative rules. The FIRS primarily deals with taxpayers, provides them with quality service and interacts with interested parties in a bid to generate revenue for the government through taxes.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2017 is aimed at increasing the number of taxpayers and increase awareness of citizens on tax matters in the country.
The FIRS plans to achieve the following objectives through the FIRS Recruitment 2017:
- Optimize the consideration of tax decrees
- One-time use of rules, laws, and circulars
- Monitoring of employees evaluating small businesses, problems of individuals, property, partners and maintaining a trusting relationship
- Conduct effective investigations concerning small companies
- Follow up with challenges through the appeal.
FIRS Recruitment 2017 Basic requirements
- Applicants must have a high level of personal discipline and good sociable skills. In different situations, you will have to represent your team and support its activities in the public and international arena.
- Ideally, applicants must have a clear understanding of business and commerce; know various strategies for obtaining income and details of tax accounting.
- Applicants must be able to organize their work. Of course, at the initial stage you will be supervised by mentors, but in the end, you are to show complete independence. A candidate should have a motivation for quality work, and the ability to accomplish the tasks assigned to him exactly at the appointed time.
- In this work, it is also important to determine priorities correctly; a candidate should solve the most important tasks first using the necessary resources and turn ideas into practical actions.
- Applicants would have to analyze business accounts of various sizes, identify gaps in transactions and interpret accounts.
- Identify compliance and noncompliance with actual standards in procedures and processes.
- The use of initiative is welcomed in the organization. So, if you can offer ways to improve work that will be a plus. At the same time, you must take responsibility for the results, calculate all factors in advance and apply the necessary actions for transformations.
- Officers must constantly be at their workplaces, changing the environment for the better.
FIRS Recruitment 2017 Additional Requirements
Regardless of the position advertised, the following would be an added advantage to 2017 FIRS Recruitment applicants:
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification
FIRS Recruitment 2017 – Other General Requirements
In addition to all the above mentioned, 2017 FIRS Recruitment applicants must:
- Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these classes of Government Hospitals: National Hospital, Government Teaching Hospitals, and Federal Medical Centers.
- Provide contact details for three from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
- FIRS considers computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service.
FIRS Recruitment 2017 – How to Apply
All applications for the FIRS recruitment 2017 should be done through the official FIRS recruitment portal: www.firs.gov.ng/careers alternatively, you can visit this page frequently as we’ll update you as soon as the Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2017 is on.
Related Searches to FIRS Recruitment 2017:
- federal inland revenue service recruitment
- federal inland revenue service recruitment 2017
- federal inland revenue service salary
- federal inland revenue service lagos
- 2017 federal inland revenue service recruitment
- firs recruitment portal
- 2017 firs recruitment
- functions of federal inland revenue service
- firs shortlisted candidates for 2017
Do you need more updated information as regards the FIRS Recruitment 2017, kindly drop a comment in the box below and we’ll keep you updated.
Did you find the FIRS Recruitment 2017 article helpful? Do well to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus and your other social networks.
FIRS Recruitment 2017