2017 JAMB UTME – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria for the 2017/2018 academic session.
2017 JAMB UTME: Registration Period
The period of sale/registration for 2017 JAMB UTME is from Monday 20th March to Wednesday 19th April, 2017 while registration would close on Saturday 22nd April, 2017.
For DIRECT ENTRY, the application form would be on sale from Sunday 23rd April, 2017.
2017 JAMB UTME: Steps for 2017 Registration and Application Documents
- Each candidate must have personal e-mail address and mobile phone number.
- Each candidate is to use his/her functional and valid personal e-mail address. The system would reject at the point of registration any already used e-mail address.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng (Name, Date of Birth, Personal e-Mail Address and State of Origin are required to create the personal JAMB profile).
- Payment for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text is done at the banks and NIPOST. Banks have also agreed to make these services available at CBT centres and JAMB State Offices.
- Each Candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (See list of JAMB Accredited CBT centres) with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment.
- The CBT centre or JAMB State Office, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing:
- E-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programmes of study.
- Syllabus (e-syllabus) for the examination
- Step by step guide on completing the application form.
- A video message from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without mouse. (For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
- Each Candidate is for the 2017 JAMB UTME to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualifications, etc.
- At the CBT centre, Candidate’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
- O/L and/or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting result should supply the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the portal of JAMB.
- Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration. There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real life online registration.
Note: No candidate for the 2017 JAMB UTME should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified.
2017 JAMB UTME: General Entry Requirements
The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the e-Brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the accredited CBT centres and JAMB state offices.
Candidates with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
- A minimum of five (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sings with at least two Principal or Advanced level G.C.E. and the others.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates for the 2017 JAMB UTME are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
2017 JAMB UTME: Order Of Choice Of Institutions
On the 2017 JAMB UTME registration platform, Candidates are to note that their 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, NDA (Nigerian Defense Academy) or Nigeria Police Academy.
2017 JAMB UTME: Date And Venue For The 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
The 2017 JAMB UTME will commence on 6 May and end on 20 May, 2017 (excluding May 12, 2017 because of Candidates sing for WAEC’s Further Mathematics examination).
The venue of the examination will be at any centre in the candidate’s chosen examination town.
2017 JAMB UTME: Registration Fee
Registration fee for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000) only. Candidates are also, as usual, to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the reading text- ‘In Dependence’ for UTME candidates and ”The Last Days at Forcados High School” for Direct Entry Candidates.
Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable.
Candidates of the 2017 JAMB UTME are advised to keep as confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins.
2017 JAMB UTME: Optional Utme-Mock-Examination
The Board will mount a mock examination in all the accredited CBT centres to prepare and familiarize INTERESTED Candidates for the 2017 JAMB UTME with the CBT environment. Interested candidates are advised to indicate their interest in the mock examination during the registration process.
The CBT Centres are allowed to collect through their (CBT Centres) bank accounts, a separate Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only, for this exercise after notification of centre has been received by the Candidate.
The payment for mock examination shall be made to the centres to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination.
No Association or body is permitted to run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB.
Note: Do Not pay for Mock until JAMB assigns you to a CBT centre. The mock examination shall take place on Saturday 8 April, 2017.
2017 JAMB UTME: Registration Centres
In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB States and FCT Offices will be allowed to register candidates. This is to avoid exploitation, off-line registration, mismatch of candidates’ particulars and other registration-irregularities.
2017 JAMB UTME: General Information
The 2017 JAMB UTME registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is available at the CBT centres and JAMB Offices Nationwide. The accredited centres have been empowered to assist in this regard.
As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee. Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
All 2017 JAMB UTME CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks. These banks are to be present in their premises for the purposes of collecting all fees. No centre-staff is allowed to conduct cash transaction with the candidates.
Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registraon.
Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will be identified and disqualified.
Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission leers.
Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general text: “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
Candidates for the 2017 JAMB UTME are warned that the Board has not authorized or solicited the services of ANY establishment/group or individual other than the accredited CBT centres for this registration exercise.
You can also download this information here.
Do you have any questions or concerns as regards the 2017 JAMB UTME? Drop a comment in the box below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.